1. A solar thermal system to heat your hot water pays for itself in two to three years depending on your location.
2. A solar water heating system for your pool or hot tub also pays for itself in two to three years.
3. Solar photovoltaics to power your home or business, using government incentives, will reduce your monthly electricity costs significantly, in some areas. In some countries, such as Japan, solar is a viable alternative to fossil fuels. In North America, fossil fuels will continue to rise in cost and solar will continue to decline.
4. A portable solar system for an RV will cost less than a thousand dollars and provide you with power for many years.
5. Solar panels for remote electricity (electric fence, lights, monitoring station, etc.) are much cheaper than hooking up to the grid.
6. A solar photovoltaic system for your cottage or remote location can cost much less than connection to the grid.
7. A geothermal system will pay for itself in five years or less and provide you with heat energy for the lifetime of your home or business.
8. A backup power system to cover your essential electricity needs, when a power outage strikes.
9. A wind energy system to power your farm, home or cottage could make your farm energy self-sufficient, in some geographical areas.
10. A micro hydro power station can provide you with limitless energy, if you have running water on your property.